The International Baccalaureate at PMSA
We are very pleased to announce that PMSA was awarded a Certificate of Authorization to offer the Diploma Programme of the International Baccalaureate on January 28, 2016. Students participating in the IB Diploma Programme are eligible to earn an International Baccalaureate Diploma.
The IB Diploma Programme takes place over the final two years of a student's high school career (11th and 12th grades). Students may enter the IB Diploma Programme at PMSA in one of two ways:
- Any student who successfully completes the PMSA Pre-IB Program may opt to register as PMSA IB Diploma Candidate (taking all IB Diploma Courses and fulfilling IB Core Requirements) or as a PMSA IB Certificate Course Candidate (taking 1-3 IB Diploma Courses and/or Core Requirements).
- Sophomore students in good standing who have not been part of the PMSA Pre-IB Program may apply for the IB Diploma Programme during their 10th grade year. An informational meeting for students and parents will be held each October to explain the program and the application process. Please click on the "PMSA 10th Grade Application" link below for more information on the IB Diploma Programme and how to apply.
Please use the links below to access the PMSA 10th Grade Student Application for Candidacy and for PMSA's IB Diploma Programme policies.
The PMSA Pre-IB Program
About the PMSA Pre-IB Program
- Freshman and sophomore cohort program
- Designed to prepare students for the rigorous International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme For more information about the IB Diploma Programme, please visit http://www.ibo.org
- Adheres to values that IBO places on global awareness and intercultural understanding
- Intent on developing learners who are knowledgeable, principled, open-minded, reflective and well-balanced, among other traits
Applying for PMSA Pre-IB Program Cohort
- 8th grade students apply for consideration in the PMSA Pre-IB Program as part of the regular PMSA application process
- Participation in the PMSA Pre-IB course of studies does not guarantee placement in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at PMSA
- Math and Spanish/French language placement testing are required components of the consideration process
- Students accepted into the PMSA Pre-IB Program will be required to attend and passing PMSA Pre-IB Summer Acceleration Integrated Math I in order to be registered for PMSA Pre-IB 9th grade courses (students may attempt to place out of Integrated Math I by attending the optional May Math Department placement test)
Please use the links below to access the most current documents pertaining to the PMSA Pre-IB Program and Preliminary IB Policies. These documents are subject to annual revision.
For more information or if you have any questions about the IB Diploma Programme or the PMSA Pre-IB Program, please contact Mrs. Rebecca Tanaka, IB Diploma Programme Coordinator, at email@example.com or by phone at (708) 338-4169.